How do I make my hero stronger?

There’s two mechanisms to make a particular hero stronger

1. Increase the hero’s level
    • For levels 1-9, 10-19, 20-29 etc you are upgrading your hero and you will require crystals of the same element as the hero and coins (details)
    • For levels 9-10, 19-20, 29-30 etc you are promoting your hero and you will require hero medals and coins. Promotions unlock bonuses - either for all-heroes (at level 20 and 50) or only for the promoted hero (all other promotions)
    • In either case, your hero level is capped by your Player level
  2. Star up the hero
    • Once you get more shards, you can Star Up your hero. You can use gym passes if you have them to cover up a shortfall
    • This will immediately boost your Attack and Health stats, but the greater benefit comes when you learn Skills (requires Resource: Rings and coins)

Note:

• There are other ways to get stronger (e.g. Permanent upgrades) but those apply to all your heroes
  • Shards can only be used towards that particular hero, so there’s no reason to not star up a hero if you have the shards.
  • Gym Passes can be used towards any unlocked heroes, so prioritise their use (my recommendation)
  • Hero Medals can be used towards promoting any unlocked heroes, so prioritise their use (my recommendation)