Scrapping guide

From time to time the question of scrapping equipment comes up… basically you could either try to maintain everything (slow progress across the board) or focus on some items and try to progress with them faster.

I recommend focusing because at higher rarities (mythical and above) the upgrade cost (materials + coins) makes the upgrade-everything approach unfeasible.

My recommendations:

• Weapon: (see also Best gun)
    • Scrap Blaster and Laser Rifle. If you have the Smart MiniGun you can also also scrap the Auto Handgun
  • Armour (see also Best Armor)
    • Scrap Body Armor, Heavy Armor and Tactical Suit. If you have the Emergency Shell you can also scrap the Ninja Garb
  • Regular Gear (again, refer Best gear),
    • Scrap Dum Dum bullets
    • If you have Shield Generator, you can scrap Iron Sights (although you should keep it until you can level up the Shield Gen); likewise Camo Cloak / Metal Detector vs Explosive Bullets.
    • Unless you have both the Sim Chip and the Plaster, don’t scrap your scope - there are several events that are Flying only and it is useful to have the scope.

Notes:

• You get less upgrade material if you fuse items before scrapping (e.g. common gives you 10 but uncommon only gives you 20 and rare only 30 etc) so don’t fuse up items unless you are sure you won’t scrap them.
  • To get more upgrade material, it’s useful to take all Hidden Treasures, open the free daily Metal chest and random free rare chests
  • Weapon dungeons are useful for upgrade materials and rainbow material, so you should still play the Blaster and Laser Rifle dungeons even if you are scrapping them
2 Likes

Hi Sifaan

Thank you for the elaborate guide.

Do you know if there is a weapon level after exalted? I saw on Mr Autofire Wiki a mention of a deluxe level after exalted.

The reason why I’m asking is most of my weapons and gear are at exalted and I’m considering scrapping the newly acquired items for them as I don’t need them to fuse any further. That is if there is no further weapon level than exalted of course.

Regards

Hi Chugs

You’re welcome :slight_smile:
Yes, deluxe level was introduced recently. The stats, upgrade/coin material requirement pages etc are updated to show them