Every hit (direct or indirect) on an enemy generates a Magic Bullet that will hit a maximum of 4 times
Similar to Shrapnel, the damage is a percentage of your regular shot (see Damage per Shot) as follows
- First hit, 17% rounded up
- 2nd hit, 17% of the First hit, rounded up
- 3rd hit, 17% of the 2nd hit, rounded up
- 4th hit, 17% of the 3rd hit, rounded up
- I had earlier listed different numbers; seems for Daily events it’s different: 17%, 10.172%, ~10%, ~10%.
- Only the first hit does significant damage - the cumulative damage is +17% + 2.89% + 0.49% + 0.08% = 20.46% (maybe fractionally more because of the rounding up)
- The magic bullets trigger elemental damage, so they stack well with ice, zap, fire and poison (and presumably also their improved versions) (thanks @pringlestuna for spotting this)
- Ghosting (going through barriers) doesn’t reduce damage
- Berserk applies
- Power Tripper does apply; at least if you start the room with full health and maintain it. I’m not sure what happens if you lose it mid-room and/or regain it from Life Steal / Health kits
- Critical Chance can trigger
- Double/Triple barrel penalties don’t apply (probably because it’s simpler to not have separate calculations based on whether it was the forward shot/s or spread shots that generated the magic bullet)
- It doesn’t matter what kind of enemy generated the magic bullet (e.g. magic bullets from a Ground Melee is the same as one from a Flying Ranged), only what kind of enemy is hit by it
- Because even indirect hits give the same power Magic bullets, this works really well with piercing and chains shots.